The beauty of journal special issues, from my perspective, is that one can usually slip in a controversial article or two, under the guise of editorial perogative. This may sound like grossly unethical behaviour - and it is - but I consider it a just reward for all the hard work that goes into a special issue. That's my excuse and, as they say, I'm sticking to it!
The learned journals that I've compromised thus far include:
- Irish Marketing Review, vol. 5, no. 2, 1991
- European Journal of Marketing,vol.5, no 2,1991
- European Journal of Marketing, vol. 31, no2/3. 1997
- European Journal of Marketing vol. 31, no. 9, 1997 (some people never learn!)
- Marketing Intelligence & Planning, vol. 18, no. 6/7, 2000
- Journal of Strategic Marketing, vol. 14, no. 1, 2006
- However, if there are any journal editors reading this - hey, you can trust me with your organ...